I'm making a very generous sized twin. It can also be used on a double bed. 72 x 100 inches. Becky has quite a collection of Hawaiian fabrics that she has gathered over the years so did not have to purchase any for this quilt. In fact I had so many strips already cut, knowing that there were still 3 quilts to be made, I only needed to cut 6 more strips.
This quilt is a 1 patch. All squares. I need 450 squares (4.5 x 4.5) or 54 strips of 4.5" wide fabric (width of the fabric.)
- 1/4 yard of 27 different fabrics. For a total of 6.75 yards.Half cool colors; half warm colors.
- backing; 6 yards
- binding; 3/4 yard-exactly- so get a bit extra (for a 1/2" double binding)
- all green alternating light and dark greens (not Hawaiian). Story here.
- red, white, and blue one was alternating 1 blue fabric with different red and white fabrics. (To do that you will need; 3.5 yards of the blue and 13 1/4 yard pieces of the red and white fabrics.) Story here and here.
- blue Hawaiian alternating with anything that wasn't blue- a wedding quilt; story here.and pictured above.