Friday, February 5, 2010

Progress

Today I went shopping to a couple of quilt shops that are far from my house. Cactus quilts is about 40 minutes and Pinwheels and Posies about 30. These were the 3rd and 4th shops I've been to to look for fabric for Liz's quilt. Luckily for Liz I found the perfect fabrics in the 4th shop.


The colors are not perfectly true here. The cream is a little more wheat-like. She wanted it to be the colors of the Idaho landscape.

You know the sky is blue sometime.... the red is the branches of the dogwood? I think anyway it's the accent color of the quilt and then she wanted some spring green too. It is beautiful in Idaho; winter and spring, summer and fall.

Unfortunately the blue bled into the water badly. I'll have to get some 'retain?' tomorrow and try again. I don't think Liz would be happy if her quilt was not washable!

Remember the quilt I'm making?

1 comment:

Mel said...

Looks like Liz is going to have one pretty quilt, no way it will beat mine though. :)