Saturday, January 22, 2011

Border class

Thursday night I went to the first of 4 classes to learn more about putting on pieced borders. I took a workshop from the same teacher last year and got this far:
My homework for the next 2 weeks is to make the center...done. Then set it on point....done. Then make 80 half square triangles for the first border....in my case 3rd border.... not done. Their center starts bigger; (if they follow directions) it will be this big (30") before they get 1 border on. The class will walk us through putting on 4 borders. This quilt could get up to 6 borders and 80" or bigger depending on the width of the borders I choose to put on my quilt. Since I have 7 yards of that yellow floral I can make it as big as I want.
Friday morning I got up and finished trimming these 'blocks' then took them to the church during my son's class and got all the papers torn off. Now I could sew them together. I have until 10 to sew...then I'm going shopping. Still hoping I'll find a navy skirt so I won't have to make one.

Everything I said I needed to do Wednesday is done!

No comments: