Sunday, September 26, 2010

stash report

Does this look familiar? I posted about a different one last year here. The ladies at church are getting better at making these and I have one friend who bound all 5 quilts for us. They were donated yesterday. I did a free-motion loops and leaves on this one. Scraps from many projects; Melissa's quilt, Liz's kindergarten dress, some of my maternity clothes, scraps from my Grandmother, Mother and sister. I really want one of these for myself cause the memories are wonderful.
Close-up of the previous quilt. If y'all look close you will find a scrap of Dad's Halloween costume
I experimented with free-motion baptist fan; it is a bit wonky but I'm happy with the way it looks.

With no shopping and just a bit of additions to report I did pretty good; with a little help from my friends. all the fabric for these 2 quilts came from my stash except for the binding on the large one.

  • I won a door prize at Quilt Guild-5 fat quarters! They don't count since I didn't ask for them...
  • I figured I added 4 yards when I bought the ocean wave quilt blocks.
  • I used 15.5 yards in the above larger quilt. (74 x 98)
  • I used 10.5 for the smaller quilt above. (58 x 80)

donated, same: 71 yards

used, changed: 171.5 yards
purchased, changed: 126 yards

So if I add donated to used and then subtract purchased I have a net decrease of 116.5 yards!

Once again Judy has a list of other's trying to USE their stash.

6 comments:

Jo said...

Your quilt is WONDERFUL! I love how you teamed the same colors together in the same block. Inspirational!

Kate said...

Beautifil quilt, love the scrappy look and all the bright colors. Very cheerful quilts.

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

Great use of scraps and what a way to bust through the stash. All of my scraps are separated by colors and this would help taming them.

Judy D in WA said...

Love, love, love that you can look at a scrappy quilt and know where this fabric went and what that fabric is from. Those are the quilts I have the most fun doing. They are fabulous!!!! And they help the numbers. ;)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your crumb quilts are so pretty. I love the way the balck sparks each of the different colored cumb blocks!

Teaquilts said...

Laurie love the crumb quilt. The colors reminds me of rainbows. Great job and the lucky receiptant has a very happy quilt to sleep under.