Friday, October 26, 2012

Yarn...

I finished 1 hat for Reed;
A boring 'man hat.' (Number 21.)
And started the next one; 3 times already. First I bought this yarn;
 Then went hunting for a hat pattern.
I found this one in Ravelry, called 'Subtle Twist'  I knit about 1.5 inches and ripped it out, didn't like it at all.
This morning during seminary I started another one, 'Claudia' did 2 rows and realized I had twisted the cast on row. Ripped it out. Now I'm thinking of doing this one, 'Custom Tritops' I don't like the decreases and fancy stuff on the top but the cast on, pick-up intrigues me and I want to learn something different....

Then I looked in one of my notebooks and found this tear out from an old magazine. Twist and Turn. I'm sure you can't read the paragraph below but it bugs me. 'This design cannot be used for a scrap quilt.'  It's like a red flag to a bull. cannot? cannot? CANNOT? We'll have to see about that....
 Then this stack of blocks is sitting there mocking me. 'What are you going to do with me?'
I've come up with this:
 Which is like 2 I've seen made with these blocks. Then I thought of this:
 Do I like it just because it is not like the one's I've already seen?

 I didn't mention that I've been sick all week so I have done a lot of sitting and sleeping. Went to the dr. yesterday. I'm on an anti-biotic and am already feeling better.

It's always nice to see that others are knitting too. Check them out over at Judy's blog.

7 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love that second quilt arrangement! I agree it's fun to learn something new. Which pattern did you end up with. The green hat looks like a nice patther though.

straythreads said...

sounds like a bad knitting day I'm with you on doing that pattern in scraps. I like the 2nd quilt best glad you are feeling better
Ann

Maggie said...

Great hat! I knit about 10 rows on a big cowl the other day before I realized it was twisted.

sue said...

I love that last quilt idea. I hope you choose that one to make because I would love to see that IRL!

Dar said...

Ha ha. Love your comment about the scrap quilt -- cannot do. Can hardly wait to see YOUR SCRAP quilt using that pattern.!! You go girl!

Verna said...

I looked through a knitting magazine while I was waiting for my oil to be changed and saw some fish hats. The look like the mouth is swallowing the head. Thought of you.

Anonymous said...

This Blog was most helpful, your ideas are straight to the point, and the colors are cool too.