Thursday, December 16, 2010

Liz's color book OPAM

I started this 'little' project 2 years ago. Luckily Liz had another child who has NOT outgrown this book. (See pictures of it's twin here.)

The blackboard opens so that there is a larger black vinyl surface to draw on. This is the page I messed up on and put the 'blackboard' too close to the 'spine' so got to add flanges? to put the eyelets in.


I forgot to add chalk to the pocket and couldn't find the 'eraser' that I used in the first one. But it is mailed.
I have an idea for a 'white' page but the only thing that I can draw that is white is a snowball. I don't think a page with a white ball on it would be very interesting. I drew around the page so that I can add another page if I get to it. So what is simply drawn that is white? That would interest a 1-3 year old. (Of course the eggplant is VERY interesting to a one year old.)

That is 21 projects I have finished this year under my 'One Project a Month' goal. Unfortunately there are more......

4 comments:

Micha said...

Snowflakes, snowmen, or puffy white clouds could be really fun!

Gwen said...

Polar bears are white!

Patty Cake said...

Make a snowball with white buttons covering the surface. Or a furry white bunny. Maybe a white muff they can put their hands through? How about A pocket full of that fake snow they sell at the church bookstore?

Patty Cake said...

A beaded snowflake to rub their hand over? A light bulb? Your small string of battery lights? Pearls? Pearl inside an oyster? One of our beautiful crocheted snowflakes? Doily on the back of a sofa? Icicles? Lace curtains at a window?