Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dresden Plate

I appliqued this last week;
My daughter's dresden plate. I thought I'd show you the way I do a multi-colored fabric.. In this case just red and white. I chose the dominate color and applique around skipping the white sections.
Then I go around again with a needle holding white thread. Hardly takes any time at all.
If there is a lot of color changing I will just use one blending color; like gray for all of it but with this it was easy to use 2 colors of thread.

I have 3 charity quilts to get done in the next couple of days....then I'll finish this for Liz.
I'm linking up with Applique Thursday's over here.

2 comments:

kathy osterby said...

I love your red Dresden plate. I just finished place mats using blues ,now I can dig out all my reds!

Liz Johnston said...

I love it! Can't wait to have it one my table.