Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Auction

One of the things that many guild do to raise money is to have an auction. I told you a little bit about Lakeview's here, here and here. Last night was Baytown's. I was planning of bidding on this quilt:
Unfortunately my purse was not deep enough to bring it home. It is hand pieced and hand quilted. Not as nice as the one My Mother did for Jeffrey and the colors weren't as nice; so every time I looked at it I'd be reminded of Jeffrey and how I should just make one myself. So I guess I'm glad it got away..
This is another interesting quilt. The pattern is a little different.
I think it is cool the way the 'bowties' interweave and cross each other.
This quilt was made with reproductions. Notice how it is a simple double 4 patch block with alternating blocks of Indian Hatchets.

It was a fun evening; a lot of laughter and a lot of money raised.

No comments: