I finished the quilting and got it bound. Then decided to wash it before photographing it. MISTAKE! I took it out of the dryer and immediately noticed the lovely texture washing it created THEN I noticed that the binding had not shrunk at all, in fact I think it stretched. The binding rippled, it waved to you, it was terrible. I almost cried. Then I got out my seam ripper and ripped, and ripped. I had done a terrific job of getting the binding on, machine sewn twice...then I ripped some more till it was out. Then I tried to get a picture of the ripple...here you can see it;
I also sewed a basting stitch between each quarter mark. Then I pinned the marks on the selvage to the
marks on the quilt.
After breaking my bobbin thread 3 times I put some polyester thread in my bobbin, it's little bit stronger and it didn't break any more. I used my gathering thread just like doing a gathered skirt and pulled it in and pinned and then sewed the selvage down.
41 x 50 inches, yellow variegated king tut thread, so fine in the bobbin. free-hand spirals.