I finished cutting my fabric this morning. Turns out I'm only repeating about 3 of the fabrics.This is the actual layout;
- I feel better
- I want to really DO something today.
- lay them together in pairs ready to sew
- cut them into their blocks today.
One of the tricks I do to help sew my strips correctly.
- line them up along the left side so that any differences show up on the right side, near the needle. Since I cut both strips at 3" there should be no gray showing. So which one is 3"?
- Measure it and find out. And then sew using the correct edge. Here the yellow is the just shy of 3" so it is sewn ignoring the yellow. Another time it might be that the yellow is the 3" one and the gray would be ignored.
- This way I get my strips sewn together a bit more accurately.