- First it was these cupcakes.
- Then lemonade made with mostly limes.
- One key lime pie (no recipe)
- Then I found this key lime cookie bar recipe that I've made many times.
- Then we made the super easy Lime/Lemon Posset.
- Last week we made another recipe from 'Cook's Country' a reduced fat refrigerator lime pie. (No pictures but I'm making a double batch later today for a baptism tomorrow....maybe I'll take pictures.)
- TODAY? We made key lime pie ICE CREAM!
Today Andrew zested the limes. We juiced them; then added 2 teaspoons zest and 4 Tablespoon lime juice to the custard and froze it. (The ice-cream maker was purchased years ago at a garage sale for $3.00-still in the box.)
After putting it in the freezer for 2 hours we finally got to eat it.I think next time I'll leave the graham crackers in bigger pieces, or leave them out and just serve it with a graham cracker. I served it with some strawberries.They tried to eat it without smiling.....I took 31 pictures of this and this is the best one.
Yummy. I know I saw some other recipes with lime in to try....
Oh, and I haven't used a single key lime; according to taste tests done by America's test kitchen the flavor in key and regular limes is the same...you just get more juice from each regular lime so I stick with those.