My design wall holds 2 projects that I worked on this weekend. The small half 'lone star' may be the next and final border of the 'border class quilt'. I had one of my non-sleeping nights, so I made the lone-star about 2 A.M. (The good news is that I did get to sleep from 2:30-6.) I also read a bunch of blog posts and finished the label and sewed it on this quilt.
I pulled this unfinished Irish Chain last week after thinking about it for awhile. My sewing room has some shelves that are impossible to get to since there are rubbermaid containers stacked in front of them. So I decided that the first projects to get finished in the coming months will be the projects in those boxes.
- Box #1 contains a scrap exchange of enough pastel Irish Chain bits to make 3 double bed size Pastel Double Irish Chains! So I can make a king size... Share the bounty... or make one and get the rest into a smaller box up off the floor.
- Box #2 A Christmas exchange of dozens of different size star and picture blocks. This is a real challenge to put together and I've tried several times....sewn, unsewn, sewn...it is now in about 3 big pieces....Here is a similar idea'd quilt done with patriotic blocks.
- Box#3 A mix of fabrics that need to be folded and added to the shelves-where there is no room for them....that's why it isn't done. I need to eliminate some blue fabrics so the fabric I actually like will all fit.
- Basket #1 Liz's wedding quilt....yes it is still 'marinating' on my mind....
- Box #4,5,6,7, and 8 are my boxes of color coordinated scraps...hopefully next week will see a dent in them since that is a quilt week for church. Where we will be working on these quilts.