Monday, July 6, 2009

Patriotic quilt



This is the quilt that I did not get hung this week. It has been finished for many years and this is the first time it has not hung in my entry for half of June and all of July. I will find it and drag it to quilt guild tonight for show and tell. Can't get much more patriotic than this. This was an exchange I did with a group of dedicated quilters in 1994?. I was so excited that my work was good enough to go with theirs. I did the Eagle block and luckily a couple of participants dropped out and I had enough for each corner. I finished it in 1998. Evidently I quilted this the year after the 6th baby was born! Jeffrey was 3, then the 4 older ones were 12, 16, 19, and 20. I don't know when I did it but once I had the quilt set up to quilt it was relaxing for me to sit and quilt at it for awhile occassionally.
The back was purchased for $ .50 a yard!
And yes my boys are on the roof of our garage to hold quilts for me. It is way to hot to do that for a few months; so this is an old photo.
This week I'm going to post a patriotic quilt a day. (Well, at least they will be red, white, and/or blue.)

Stash report: 0 purchased 0 used.

No comments: