This pillow is 21" square (my husband 'photoshopped' it to eliminate the dingy carpet background, he's color blind so I don't think he can tell how bright the background green truly is.) The block is one I made in a class a million years ago and then made into a pillow. Last year I took it apart (it was shabby and poorly done) added a border and quilted it with gold lame thread; then this week I made the pillow.
This is an updated photo of my 'art wall' The one that I will never disturb if I ever get it all folded. My husband suggested that I take it down and move it to an outside wall to increase the insulation in that wall.
Remember my list from last Monday? I've been adding to it; working on getting more couples engaged. I've even found a few more tops. Unfortunately some of them need borders; not my favorite step to quilting so those go back to the back burner. Do you suppose that I will be an expert at long-arming by the time I get these 15 quilts finished? By January? Think I'm aiming a bit high do you? I suppose it wouldn't hurt if a few of these didn't get done right away they have been sitting around for a few years already.
- Magnolia blossoms (80 X 80)
- Noah's Ark Cheater (34 X 42)
- Black Irish Chain (82 X 98)
- String Christmas Star (86 X 108)
- Block of the Month (68 X 88)
- Twisted Star Christmas (46 X 54)
- Austin's Quilt (36 X 42)
- Rainbow Trip Around the World (52 X 74)
- Gentleman's Fancy (86 X 86)
- Strip 4-Patch (BABY)
- Pinwheel (74 X 108)
- Around the Twist with Tulip border (42 X 52)
- Churn Dash (80 X 90)
- Blue 7-sisters (88 X 70)I got lazy on this one; although I pieced the back I didn't press the seams open yet.
- Trudie Hughes workshop (50 x 50) Another that needs a good pressing.
Nice try, I couldn't even convince myself...
in- 1 yard
(we are not counting the music collection fabric that my daughter brought to me that I had no control over :)). The double parenthesis look like double chins...I'm not saying I have a double chin though!
out- 12 gift bags 1/2 yard each= 6 yards
back of a pillow=1/3 yard
tablecloths-7 1/2 yards
total ~14 yards