Friday, November 28, 2008

old news and a surprise






School got out last Friday and my husband, the Scoutmaster, and my 2 sons (and the scout troop)  went Winter camping to a Boy Scout camp in Louisiana, Camp Edgewood. They had a great time; I had a great time although I didn't get done as much as I thought I would. They returned Wednesday afternoon. 

Thursday early evening our daughter, Melissa and baby, came to stay for a week!  It was a complete surprise for the boys...well almost and I didn't know until a couple of days before! We had Thanksgiving dinner at 7 p.m. It was great to have them come. 

I think I'm finally learning how to do this.  The only new recipe I tried this time was the 2 pumpkin dips. Unfortunately there was no clear winner on the taste testing. Some liked the cream-cheese one best; others the Fluffy one. (Roger liked the fluffy one best.)

Jeffrey made the chocolate pie; his first. We did a layer of truffle chocolate next to the crust; we'll do that again but actually follow a recipe this one had to much chocolate in it and is hard to cut.

Andrew made the sugar/cinnamon leaves for the dip. I want the children involved  and since Liz wasn't here to do the butter we did the pie and tortilla's. 

menu:
pumpkin dip
cinnamon tortillas
dressing
sweet potatoes
mashed potatoes
gravy
corn
green beans
lima beans (Melissa really likes lima beans)
turkey
cranberry sauce
rolls
orange juice with ginger ale
white grape with pomegranate juice
chocolate pie
pumpkin pie


2 comments:

Liz Johnston said...

I love Camp Edgewood.

Betsy Mae said...

I love those leaves...and they are tortillas?