Monday, March 2, 2015

Muddie Buddie

Saint Patrick's day is in March, so we have to suffer through green colored treats....when we could just eat spinach . I saw this St. Patrick muddy buddy on this blog post so I had to make it this morning for our Quilt Guild refreshments tonight.


So last week I went to several stores looking for just the marshmallows from the Lucky Charm Cereal and for green M&M's.....nadda...none found...so I figured I wouldn't make it. Until 10:30 Saturday night when I caved. Purchased Lucky Charms and a large bag of M&M's....so this morning I picked out marshmallows and green M&M's.
 This is the melted mass (mess) the white chocolate chips did not just melt..they had to be smushed into submission, each and every one.
Unfortunately, I'm sure it would have turned out perfectly if I'd had liquid green food coloring, I only had paste...so I tried coloring half of the powdered sugar, it did not work. So I colored half of the peanut butter mess, and got a muddy green so then tried to cover that mostly with powdered sugar. But it still looks St. Patricky....I'd say it was worth it to get those charms.....Here it is staged;
I put green colored sugar on top, but it just falls to the bottom of the bowl....it's just to make the picture prettier.

No comments: