Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Kaleidoscope Workshop

Maggie Ball came to our quilt guild and taught us a workshop on Kaleidoscopes. Really fun....not so easy. i finally used the hand dyed pink (I used a man's shirt and dyed it years ago-so have no idea how, so there is no more of it. The pink gingham is also a man's shirt. Yeah finally using some of my shirt wall. Here are a couple of my designs;
My first design, I could see the pink cross and didn't like it...so then I did this;

Better...
I like the pink star and the blue square....I still need to cut more....and play more.... A Texas wildflower quilt is in the works! HA HA I have no time to finish it for awhile. I did sew one block...the center. vbg. Love, love, love this but I will need to get a bit more fabric to make it throw size. This will make my 4th unfinished TEXAS quilt. (I do have 2 finished and 2 are at the quilting stage.)

I'm program chair for my guild and so I get to actually talk to the speaker and Maggie was a treat to talk to. Since we had a Saturday workshop My husband got to take Maggie for a 'bird walk' in the rain Sunday morning. They had great fun; I stayed in the car picking threads off scraps of fabric :). getting ready to sew them into my, yet unseen, project.

now back to the long arm....



No comments: