Thursday, October 30, 2014

Quilt Festival!

I went, I saw! I did not conquer. Last night it was open from 7-10 p.m. We started looking at the quilts as far from the vendors as we could get. The centerpiece of the show was this display of red and white Quilts for their 40 year ruby celebration. I have been attending for 35 years. The first time I had my second child strapped to my chest and it was at a church. Fabulous. I have missed ...about 5 over the years.
Here are some of the quilts I saw;
'
Butterflies in my Garden' by Doris Garfinkel of Indiana. All batiks, all logcabins.
A Baltimore Album Quilt with rows of very small yo-yo's holding each mini-quilt block to the others. Koyoko Hata of Japan made it to celebrate her 60th birthday.
This 'Red Sunflower' button quilt is here for my sister, it was made by Susan Bianchi of California.

.This 'Victorian Transformation' was made by Allison Aller of Washington. Love the multitude of butterflies on this.

Many miniature red and white quilts were displayed, all the work of 2 sisters Andrea Blackhurst and Ellen Carter. There were delightful, inspired by the red and white quilts displayed in New York City in 2011 the sisters got to work.

Tomorrow I get to go again! This time for 9 hours!

I hope pictures of quilts don't bore you...now I've got to get sewing!

No comments: