Monday, May 20, 2013

Wonderful bread!

I don't eat much bread, but yesterday was a bread day with pretzels being baked, so I made a loaf of bread. We were out of bread and Roger was going to need something for lunch today..... (We were out of bread and potatoes and lettuce and....)  Fresh bread and all my bread rules went out the window...
  • I usually only allow myself 1 slice of homemade bread. (I don't eat any of the store bought stuff)
  • I usually only allow myself a thin smear of jam.
  • I usually will not eat after 5 P.M.(I like to be able to lay down when it is time to go to bed)
  • I usually avoid tomato anything at night .
HA! the bread wasn't done until  6, there was marinara sauce out from the pretzel project so we dipped our bread in that; so good! (That's one slice for me.)
Then I remembered some cream cheese that needed to be used...and this jam has been in the pantry for months...
 I warmed the cheese in the microwave for 12 seconds and combined it with some jam...
 I toasted the bread...
Then had to share with Andrew....so I justified fixing myself a second slice.

No comments: