things I learned;
- the second layer of flannel shows the most, green here, that makes it the layer that was next to the backing of the blanket.
- I turned the blue gingham flannel upside down and worried about it the whole time, but the blue is folded up so much that you do see the right side more than the wrong side. (the right side was facing down.)
- the blanket binding was no fun to put on. Basting it helped but picking out the basting actually damaged the satin in one area.
- The satin binding...we'll see, if the baby loves the feel it is worth it but that is an unknown, next time I'll use regular quilt binding, but what color?
- I THINK next time I will match the back and first layer and then that will be the dominate color in the blanket and the binding will match that.
- It drapes great for a baby blanket, a little thick but will work great in a cold climate.
- 4-1.25 yards of flannel, 1 package of blanket binding, plus some scraps that I got from a friend for the last edge.
- measure then cut the section that goes under the blanket binding so the edge doesn't ripple
- I like the lengthwise grain pieces best
- The chenille cutter I bought about 10 years ago finally got used and the cutting of the slashes was the quickest part of this project. Mine looks something like this one. But was made by olfa, before they changed the design, so maybe the new one works even better.
Other post about this blanket here.