Last year I got my church group to make these rectangles for one of our charity quilts. They were downstairs when our house flooded so were packed up.
Yesterday we got together again and re-cut them and almost got them sewn together. Here they are laid out;
I went back this morning and help finish sewing them together;
We decided to add another half diamond on each side and started sewing those rectangles. I'm loving this. Those strips all came out of my scrap bins which are still overflowing; except the light turquoise; it's almost gone. The strips are pieced but it still looks great. (I blogged about this quilt last year; here and here.)