When I read through the recipe I missed the 'canned beans' so used a small bag of Great Northern beans. Started them cooking and then re-read the recipe; consequently it was changed.
- Start the beans; no need to pre-soak them just rinse them and cover them with an inch or 2 of water.
- Add salt.
- Get your head of garlic out and break it apart. Realize that it will take a week to peel them and set them in a cup of water and go(melt the chocolate for the cookies you want to make...write a letter...look at a few blogs.) After awhile...1 hour? peel them and drop them in with the beans.
- An hour later start the onions, I only used 1. Fry them in a bit of olive oil.
- Dump in the tomatoes and the onion.
- Add the end of the bag of carrots
- simmer until done....
- Add the rest of the bag of spinach from the fridge; since there is no parsley.
No need to cook the spinach just stir it in and then serve. High protein. Good. And she was right the garlic is very mild. I got brave and actually ate a whole clove....after Roger tried it first.The boys ate it and took it to school for their lunches on the next day.