Thursday, January 26, 2012

Garbonzo Bean Burgers

Inspired by my son requesting a chick-pea patty, falafel, he'd had at a local Greek Restaurant and this recipe I made chick-pea burgers tonight;
Garbonzo Bean Burgers
1 Tablespoon tahinni
1 small onion, chopped into chunks
1 heaping Tablespoon Knorr vegetable recipe mix
2 teaspoons garlic
1/2 handful cilantro
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 carrot chopped into chunks (would be better grated)
1 can garbonzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed

Basically throw everything in food processor (everything but the beans first; then the beans,) form into patties. and bake at 400 degrees for12 minutes then turn over and cook another 10 minutes. I used my ice-cream scoop to get uniform patties and placed them on parchment paper. Since I doubled the recipe (and had a hard time getting them ground in my food processor; too much stuff for my regular sized processor) I got 18 burgers.verdict; good but a bit dry. Needs a sauce or some fat? in the burger. Maybe I cooked it too long? The flavor was good, the boys liked it and it's something that could be packed to school in a sandwich and look a little normal. I'll make this again with a few changes....


No comments: