Friday, January 27, 2012

goal

This week's goal was to figure out the color for the boy's bathroom. Since we moved back in in November no one has been able to take a shower. The bare plaster on the walls would absorb water. The boy's bathroom had a new ceiling that needed texture and paint. That is done but now there is still bare plaster on the top 6 inches of the walls and a few patches.... I thought we would just use the same paint as before but there wasn't enough of the bright turquoise that I had ragged a milky white on top of. The boys were tired of the pretty blue with flowers shower curtain that Liz had picked out 8? years ago.
So I went shopping for a new shower curtain. It is easier to choose the shower curtain first and then the paint. Bed, Bath and Beyond had a great selection, with about 6 that I liked. WalMart, not so many, and none I liked. Kohl's, nothing that interested me. Amazon had this that I thought the boys would like, no, that was vetoed. Finally I went to Anna's near the mall and found one that had seashells and a line of gray/blue that I thought would work. It was approved by the men and I got the gray/blue paint today...Maybe tomorrow you will see the finished room.

No comments: