so I'm making due with the floor. Due to winter storms and class being canceled I had a week to put on border #3 and border #4. (I misunderstood the directions, I was supposed to have #3 on for the second class.) Since half of my family was gone Friday night and Saturday I got a lot of sewing done. Here is the 4th border; a checkerboard. 3 sets are sewn. Now I'm trying to decided on the coping strip...the fabric between the 2 borders. I have narrowed it down to 3 stripes.
- A yellow-on the right.
- A darker green and pink on the left and the
- medium tone green on the top.
This is what I'm fixing for Roger and I for dinner....the boys don't care for salads so I'm not sure what they are having yet. So I've got to make a run to the grocery store before my exercise class.
Then I get to go listen to Julie Silber talk about and show 'Maverick Quilts.' You can go here and see a few.
If you have a minute or 2 (or 200) go look at some of the other design walls over at Judy's blog.
edit: I finally chose the yellow; since 1. I liked it. (I thought the paler green would be the best choice but the yellow did interesting things and that was fine too.) 2. It was my husband's favorite. On to the sewing; due to massive amounts of foot changing; seam size changing I've taken 1 1/2 hours to pick apart 2 of the borders, now I will sew them back together and try to get them to the right size. One was smaller than the side border by 1.5 inches.