Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thank-you

Thanks to everyone that left a comment on my last post. I will be sewing the borders today....if I have anytime...it will be sandwiched into 15 minutes time slots so will take several days to get finished...I need to be done by Thursday.
I attended my Guild meeting last night and saw many wonderful quilts. This one stuck in my mind.....Mind you that mind does not have total recall but I tried to draw it as I remembered it.
From the slide I saw it looked like the logs were mitered, the lecturer said it was a log cabin construction though. I believe it had more pink and orange in it than this and the centers were red and white half square triangles. (Couldn't figure out how to edit a pattern in EQ7.) It was an old quilt and looked very pop-arty with the layers receding and advancing. Great looking quilt.
(Another one I AM NOT MAKING.)
edit: I added some sashing between the blocks.

No comments: