Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Voting

Yesterday I worked the Primary election; from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. I remember being amazed one time when I walked into the wrong precinct and when the worker heard my subdivision they could direct me to the right precinct! wow! How could they know the whole city like that? After 500 people come to your precinct and need directions to the 7 other voting places in town you learn where to send them. Last election everyone could and did vote at city hall. This time they had to go back to their precinct; we had some upset voters!
It was slow enough that I got one label embroidered and a baby quilt bound. And I'll get paid; so it wasn't a bad day...'cept for the headache I had most of the time. I'm going to carry some pain meds with me at all times now.

No comments: