Monday, February 1, 2010

Design Wall



Today I started to put what I was working on on the 'design wall' and decided I needed a 'design cookie sheet' instead.

I made one of these for my younger sister years ago. Then I felt guilty because I have more than 1 sister. Gradually over the years I've made one for my Mother and 1 for my oldest sister. This one is for Cheryl; I pieced it at least 10 years ago....this is the year it gets finished. The heart in the lower right corner has her initials and mine. Unfortunately I do not have pictures of all of the ones I've done. (Please send me pictures.) I just spent 30 minutes looking for the picture I knew I took of Mother's but it isn't findable.

The row of hearts at the bottom is for me....I don't think it will get finished this year since it needs many more hearts pieced. And yes, those are 3" hearts; but paper piecing makes it easy.
I finished set #4 of the 'I Spy' blocks; only 99 more to sew and I have 10 days! I've 2 classes to prepare for and a house to clean. I think I can I think I can.....

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Great time to work on hearts!
It's almost Valentine's day!
Very cute.

Teaquilts said...

Great gifts to your mom and siters.

KatieQ said...

I love that you put your sister and your initials in one of the hearts.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such cute blocks!

Liz Johnston said...

now you just need to make some for your daughters.