I FINISHED AUGUST'S project! I learned a lot doing this quilt.
- How to stabilize a quilt so it can go in and out the frame easily.
- How to digitize a drawing using my new program; Pro-Q designer.
- How to do add a spiral to my feather.
- How to do the 'formal feathers' instead of the informal feather's I've been doing.
- My 'line dancing' got better.
- I did some 'design with lines' in a couple of blocks.
- I learned that I could use Isacord thread; I'd tried it before unsuccessfully (I had the machine threaded wrong.)
- I recognized the sound the machine makes when it needs oil.
- I repaired the in-coder so my machine would work....oh yeah, Jeffrey, Roger and Mike at ABM helped.
- I tried a different binding; it's sewn in the ditch by machine in front; with the back prepared with school glue to hold it so it will be attached when sewing from the front. The fabric was a bit wimpy; I will try it again with either heavily starched fabric and/or lengthwise grain cut binding.
- I learned to rip more efficiently. ;)
I like the quilting on this block the best.
I finished at 11:25 p.m. on the last day of the month!
edit; This was started the year before Melissa go married, 2001?