Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blackberry bavarian


Since my daughter doesn't like to read a post without a picture I included what was left of our Blackberry Bavarian.
I'm trying to 'cook' with our berries once a week. (I've bought berries before and they have gotten really old before they were used.) 
There is a new jello flavor; Blackberry fusion. I used it with a bag of mixed berries; blackberry raspberries, and blueberries. Real whipping cream. So Good. Like eating candy only better. The blueberry council is trying to convince us that eating blueberries is healthy; it is good for our brains. Raspberries have more antioxidants than strawberries and blackberries; well, blackberries are going to cure the common cold. It sounds like I should eat blackberries when I have a sore throat. Whatever the health benefits are berries are delicious and I'm determined to eat more of them. 
I posted the raspberry version recipe last week so you can find it here.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Since I am that daughter, I suppose I must post a comment. YUK!!! Blueberries are gross!!! Well I am glad you enjoyed them.