Saturday, February 7, 2009

Reisen

I had a scare last week. I went looking for a candy I used to buy and couldn't find it. Reisen. Soo good. While Brian was sick his friends in Virginia sent him a care package; a box of candy that each had contributed too. One of those gifts was a bag of Reisen; the first time any of us had tasted it. Brian didn't eat much candy so guess who had to eat it for him? I found that Reisen helped me stay awake on the daily, then weekly visits to M.D.Anderson Hospital. (In my defense I was getting up at night with an infant; taking care of a toddler and 3 teenagers). I haven't been eating them much so when I couldn't find them momentarily I was afraid I had been the only one eating them in our community and when I quit they had to quit carrying them...it is a burden that I've carried before...
I used to eat Russell Stovers French Chocolate Mint Candy Bars; and could tell you which stores carried them in 2 counties. I LOVED THEM. Especially partially melted; 10 seconds in the microwave and they were WONDERFUL. I finally quit eating them and 6 months later they were gone. Nowhere in the 2 counties I shop in; I checked on-line and could still get them if I wanted to pay shipping. (I didn't.) I imagine I was the only person buying them and I bought enough to keep all those stores stocking them; when I quit and no one was buying them they quit stocking them. I feel responsible for the employment of the chocolate dippers at Russell Stovers. Now I notice they don't even sell them on line!

2 comments:

Karen E. Overton said...

Dawn Ramerez, The Pajama Quilter, turned me on to Reisen -- sent a package with my order...I've found them at Kroger's (I'm south of Houston in Galveston country) so perhaps that would be another place to look. What is it about quilters and chocolate!! At least we have great taste!!

Liz Johnston said...

i don't like reisen.. more for you!