Wednesday, November 26, 2008

dinner tonight





What's for dinner? CHEESY BROCCOLI SOUP!  My own creation although there are probably many comparable soups out there this is what I came up with. It's easy and fast.

THE INGREDIENTS;
1 bag of frozen broccoli
1 jar of cheez whiz
1 box of dry chicken noodle soup
powdered milk

THE STEPS:
  1. Dump both envelopes of soup into your largish saucepan, add the whole bag of broccoli, add water to almost the top of the broccoli. I would put a little bit less water than what you see in the picture.
  2. Simmer until the broccoli is almost done; it should be bright green still. Lower heat to very low or off.
  3. Make a supersaturated powdered milk and water mixture: 1 cup lukewarm water to 1 cup powdered milk, mix together then add to the soup. 
  4. Add the Cheeze Whiz; stir and let sit then stir until the cheese is incorporated.
  5. Serve
Andrew had 3 bowls full the last time I fixed this; he even ate the non-flower pieces of broccoli!


p.s. I was surprised when 'largish' didn't come up as mispelled. It is a real word and even means what I meant it to mean...'somewhat large or biggish.'

No comments: