Wednesday, November 26, 2008

mosaics



For 9 years, since my son died, I have been looking for boy angels.  I have found 1; this year at quilt festival I found a charm but it had been enameled in pink. They didn't have any not wearing pink pants so although I think it looked like a little boy I didn't think it would work. 

Imagine my surprise when I looked at my sister's new blog yesterday and there was a boy angel! 
Have I mentioned my sweet, talented sister? She LOVES to mosaic; For Christmas one year I purchased name plaques from her to give as gifts.The angel (using some of MY broken dishes)  she did for me for Christmas a few years ago.  I also have my street numbers on my front porch that I got a different Christmas.
Evidently I have never told anyone of my search for boy angels because she sold it to someone else!

Yep, it's gone.... I'm sure the next one will be even better; hint, hint; I think I'll send her a sample of his hair color. (When he was 2 I took him to the yarn section and chose a ball of yarn that matched his hair color. Red hair is not so red; it was more rust colored. Then I made him a Raggedy Andy doll with his own hair color.)

If you like these look at my list of subjects and click on it; I've more pictures there.

2 comments:

Liz Johnston said...

She sold it!! AHHH.

Liz Johnston said...

Oh.. and I got you a little boy angel once. I got it in Kemah and it even said Brian on it.. He didn't have red hair but it was a boy.