Today I hunted for a small doll zipper I bought, probably 20 years ago. It was so cute I knew I'd use it someday. Today was the day; actually tomorrow would have been the day. I hunted but found 'only' 62 other zippers...none of them the tiny doll one I wanted. How did I get so many zippers?
- Some I bought for an aborted project.
- Some I inherited them from my Grandmother.
- Some I inherited them from friends' grandmother...'cause they knew I sewed and they didn't want them... and surely I could use them.
- Sometimes a friend cleaned out her sewing stuff and gave me the zippers she knew she would NEVER use. Guess what? I haven't used them either.
- Some I may have bought a few on speculation...meaning they were insanely cheap ($.10 @) and I would probably make a purple dress that needs a 16 inch zipper someday.
- Some I've bought at thrift stores; as I rip up dresses, pants, and skirts the wool (that I also have no REAL use for) I pick out the zipper and save it with it's 50 or so odd cousins I have in my FULL zipper box.
Any ideas out there?
Lynn, jewelry made of the zippers is out..I may be crazy but not that crazy.
Wait! I bought 6 more while in California; to use when I slip cover my new couch. That's 68 zippers!