Sunday, June 8, 2008
I had to put a surprise in my daughter's package so I made her baby a summer blanket. I think it turned out rather well (and I've hyper extended my elbow from patting myself on my back.) I made Brian one of these 25 years ago and since I have no clue where it is I whipped up another...it took about 2 1/2 hours. I purchased 1.25 yards of seersucker and then bound it with giant homemade bias tape. I cut bias strips of plaid fabric 6 inches wide and made bias tape with it. I was afraid that when it was washed the layers would shift so I topstitched close to the edge too. The corners are very thick; I counted about, I think, 10 layers of fabric in the corners, so they will take a week to dry where the center will take 5 minutes. LOL.