Saturday, October 20, 2007

piano

I would be remiss if I did not mention the great concert A (ds10) and I went to Friday night. I had a couple options. J (ds12) and dh went to the temple. I would be home with just one super easy child. I could (and this is what my lazy self wanted to do)#1. stay home and do nothing/ give child a book and he's be HAPPY! #2 take child to a fall festival with a Halloween haunted house, but not too scary, at the local YMCA said child would be HAPPY! or #3 take child to be culturally enriched to a piano concert promoted by the local piano teachers guild. Said child would be OKAY with that choice. He readily got his suit back on (He thought it cool that on the only day he wore his suit to school, he got to put it back on--he had a job interview at school) and we went to the concert. I was very pleased for the first hour. The last composer Samuel Barber's Sonata for Piano, Op.26 was not my 'cup of tea', it really didn't sound much like music to me. We both really enjoyed Mozart's Sonata in D major, KV576 Allegro, Adagio and Allegretto. After the concert we went to Cracker Barrel for a chocolate cobbler. A. was a great date and I was a good mom. (I feel like I should have a good mom doll and a bad mom doll just like fifi, a blog I read sometimes.)

No comments: