Friday, December 19, 2014

Cookies

I'm cooking my way through this new cookie cookbook:
I have in the refrigerator cooking;
  • Chocolate mint Cookies
  • Date-Filled roll ups
  • Toasted Coconut Butter Cookies
I've baked the:
  • Gingery Maple thins
I've the ingredients for:
  • Pistachio-Cherry-Chocolate Cookies
  • Peppermint Candy Canes
  • Linzer sandwich Cookies
  • Pecan Toffee Shortbread Stars
  • Peppermint Sugar cookies
  • Jubilee Jumbles-the brandy
  • Oatmeal lace cookies
  • Chocolate spice cookies
  • Hungarian Christmas Cookies
  • Old world butter horns
  • Italian Sesame Seed Cookies
  • Pine-nut crusted almond macaroons
  • Russian Tea Cakes
  •  
  •  
I could go on...my record is 24 different kinds of cookies in 1990
It is fun. I get up and start a batch and finish a batch, sort of
Today's cookies didn't need a cooling period so they are done. The Toasted Coconut Butter Cookies needed cooling so they were mixed up yesterday and are in the oven now....
 Ginger Maple thins- chewy and great with a bit of a kick from the ginger.
 The coconut cookies are out of the oven and cooled
Then drizzled. Excellent even though I added an extra egg yolk...since I packed the coconut I probably had too much...how do you measure coconut anyway?

Now I've started 2 more. One is becoming a royal pain...simmer to reduce raspberry jelly then cool it, roast and skin hazelnuts and then cool them; then you can start mixing up the cookies!

Which kind of cookies do you bake?

No comments: