Friday, September 6, 2013

Cooking for Mr. Latte

Here is a cookbook I read this summer... 'Cooking for Mr. Latte' by Amanda Hesser published in 2003.....(I bought it at our library's book sale) not exactly a cookbook, but it does have recipes... and stories about the recipes in it. I enjoyed it and have tried ....one of the recipes. I am eager to try a few more. Her Chocolate Dump-it Cake sounds like a winner (I found the recipe online here.http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/features/2003/jun/latte/) and it should be easy. Then there is the Rigatoni with White Bolognese that sounds wonderful and the corn salad I plan to make as soon as Jeffrey leaves home. (He does not like corn.)

Now I discovered I can continue to read articles written by Amanda Hesser on line at the New York Times. Here.http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/h/amanda_hesser/index.html No pictures though, I want to see the pictures! Now I want to try a few more recipes....

Then I tried Food 52 (a web site she co-produced and there are pictures there) and found some Salted Pumpkin Caramels that I'll have to try closer to Thanksgiving....

I'll never have time to try them all.


No comments: