Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bruschetta

I LOVE Bruschetta. I had to have some for breakfast this morning so went and got some fresh tomatoes and made a single batch.

Andrew had a party Saturday night and I decided to make it instead of salsa. Andrew does not love cilantro like the rest of us. Since it was Andrew's party and I knew he liked basil....bruschetta it was. I read about 5 recipes on line and then made about a 5x's batch of  this one.

I changed it a bit to fit the ingredients and energy on hand.

BRUSCHETTA
3 plum tomatoes-mine were huge
1 Tablespoon garlic-I used already chopped ones
2 heaping teaspoons of basil pesto
3 small dried tomatoes, packed in oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
 I had already finely diced 2 of the tomatoes when I took the picture.
Here are all the ingredients before stirring.
After stirring and sitting for a couple of hours.
For the party Andrew cut fresh basil and cut up 3 skinny loaves of french bread and toasted them,(way to many but they were finished off on Sunday.) The teens ate it like it was good.
This morning I purchased a reduced for quick sale loaf of sourdough bread and melted some parmesan cheese on top, then the tomatoes. Yummy. Honestly one of the best things I've ever eaten. (Okay, Saturdays was better with the fresh basil.)


No comments: