Friday, August 17, 2012

What's on my needles?

I sat and knitted during Liz's (daughter) haircut and finished the border. The bind-off wasn't so easy to start. I looked up a new (to me) bind off that is extra stretchy. First I tried this method, loosely, then with larger needles, then looked for another bind-off method. (I LOVE YouTube!) Grandma's favorite bind-off is the method I decided on, you can look at it here....... I ended up knitting a new row onto larger needles, size 9, I'd been using size 7, then doing the bind-off. Of course with 6 extra people in the house I have not finished it. I counted 460 stitches across the bottom but that is not a perfect count.
You also see the start of my daughter's first knitting project; a snake. What you don't see is my son's (15yo) snake! Somehow it is not findable this morning!
I'm linking up with Judy's post about knitting. If you want to see other's knitting go here.

We are having a great time with the 4 grandson's that are here and 2 more are coming at noon.

1 comment:

straythreads said...

isn't u tube great I'll take a look at that link when I'm ready to bind off again.
Ann