Monday, March 12, 2012

scarf

Have you noticed that scarves are IN? I saw a cute one on a friend Friday morning and she told me how to make it using an old t-shirt or
yardage; like I did since we got rid of all our old t-shirts before Christmas. You need at least 3 10 inch circles; I used 4, cause I could. (I used a bigger than 10 inch dinner plate then had to cut the scarf shorter.) Cut the circle into a spiral from the outside in about 1-1.5 inches wide, layer then drape around your neck and tie. You can see another one here and here. (Mine looks really wimpy compared to theirs but I like it. I just read her tutorial and I think the smaller plate will give you more curvy pieces...when you start the cutting it is straighter than I liked, the inside of the spiral was cuter. I also think the cuts would have been better if I hadn't layered the knit; the top layer cut smoother than the under layers.)
I spent $2.20 really like it and will go back for more fabric.

1 comment:

Liz Johnston said...

I love wearing scarfs.. but not very practical at home.. :) I like yours. I don't have any brooches or a pink scarf.. but I do have gray yardage..