Cranberry Oat bread
- 1 1/4 cup water (70 degrees to 80 degrees)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 scant Tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 handfuls of walnuts (I did not chop them and they are fine.)
I put everything in the bread machine except the cranberries and nuts. I set it on dough and when I went to shape it I reset the machine to mix again and threw in the cranberries and nuts. When it was almost finished mixing I took it out and put it in a loaf pan. Let it raise until almost double. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
The cranberry bread I used* to buy at HEB has a dusting of sugar on top....I decided we didn't need the extra sugar; and the sugar was across the kitchen and I was too lazy to get it.
*until I counted how many packages of craisins I had.