Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cranberry Oat Bread

On my quest to use up craisins. I made another loaf of cranberry bread. This one also uses some quick oats that we will not eat for breakfast; (I accidentally purchased the quick oats even though what we like for breakfast is the old-fashioned.)

Cranberry Oat bread

  • 1 1/4 cup water (70 degrees to 80 degrees)
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup quick oats
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1 scant Tablespoon active dry yeast
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries
  • 2 handfuls of walnuts (I did not chop them and they are fine.)

I put everything in the bread machine except the cranberries and nuts. I set it on dough and when I went to shape it I reset the machine to mix again and threw in the cranberries and nuts. When it was almost finished mixing I took it out and put it in a loaf pan. Let it raise until almost double. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
The cranberry bread I used* to buy at HEB has a dusting of sugar on top....I decided we didn't need the extra sugar; and the sugar was across the kitchen and I was too lazy to get it.

*until I counted how many packages of craisins I had.


No comments: