Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Andrew

My youngest is 14 and is taking German 2 in High School. I had no idea a language could be so fun. He speaks to me in German (I have no clue). He goes to German club. We read our scriptures in German-well, they do; I follow in English and give occasional translations if there is a word no one can figure out. I read my verse in English.
Recently there was a regional German contest and this is what the local paper said;
German students at Friendswood High School recently took the German National exam and 15 scored in the top quartile nationwide. At Level 2, the following students scored so high that they are now eligible to compete for a study trip to Germany. Andrew Stone scored in the 99th percentile;....(then more names and %'s ...)
They will be honored by the American Association of Teachers of German.

Cool.