Saturday, August 20, 2011

Floor destruction



Of course I did not get to do the things I'd planned yesterday. No floor shopping at all but I did get some laundry done and got the book Andrew was supposed to read over the summer; Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. He finished it last night while Roger and I went to the temple.


Tearing up the wood and the tile is done! It was hard work with a lot of pounding and chiseling. Now it has to be picked up and swept and put in a landfill somewhere. It is much more fun to break it up than it is to pick it up and get it out of the house. The glue and mastic residue is still there and has to come up. Doesn't that sound like fun?


The cabinet people called and will deliver them September 9th!

1 comment:

pcflamingo said...

UGH! That is back-breaking (not to mention nail-breaking) work. My sympathies! But it will be so nice when it's all done. After projects like this in our house or one of our rentals, my hubby used to say, "OK, that's one more thing I don't want to have to do to earn my living!"