Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chickpea Curry

An outing with my kids yielded this stack of books from Half-Price books.
Seriously I needed another cookbook! I paid $2 @ for most of the cookbooks; $1 for one of the quilt books! The 'Color Your Cloth' was much more, $6.95. I'll have to try some of the dying when Tyler is here later this summer.
The top book; 'everyday vegetarian' is a British book that I paid $1.00 for and it is one of those cookbooks with a picture for every recipe. I love that. Sunday evening I tried Chickpea Curry and EVERYONE liked it. (We had 2 extra teenagers over and they liked it too.)
chickpea curry
6 T vegetable oil
2 onions sliced (I finely diced ours)
1 t. fresh ginger
1 t. cumin
1 t. coriander
1 t fresh minced garlic (1/2 t. garlic powder)
1 t. chili powder (1/2 t.)
2 fresh green chilies (I left out)
2-3 fresh coriander leaves (left out)
5 oz water (I added some)
1 large potato (used 2 )
14 oz can chickpeas, drained
1 T lemon juice (used 1 whole lemon)
Cook the onion, add the spices cook 2 minutes add the water and then the potatoes and chickpeas. Simmer until potatoes are done. Add lemon juice, serve.

No comments: