I bought a new book, Rotary Cutting Revolution, before quilt retreat. (I felt guilty asking for door prizes in shops, so I bought something in each shop when I asked.) The idea was interesting and I saw something I wanted to pursue. Remember the experiment I mentions on Sunday? With the black fabric? This is it.
Instead of buying fabric for half of the quilt I wondered how it would look if I made the fabric for the un-black portion. So here is my effort using her pattern;
So, I made a mistake. That center square is supposed to be...square not a rectangle. Unfortunately I thought it turned out too small, 5", so I tried again. This time I made a 12.5 inch green fabric...and took a very bad picture of it.Then cut out a black square and made the same mistake! I did not cut accurately and again got a rectangle in the center. I thought I was cutting 2" on either side of the diagonal line from one point to the opposite. Evidently I didn't. I need a better light at the cutting table!Here you can see both sizes. The bigger one needs to be trimmed down to 11 inches. So although this could turn into another quilt....not this year. I got to play for a bit but I do believe these will go into that circular bin (trash can) that I keep in the sewing room.
Judy has a group of us posting our Design Wall and most of them are not as depressing as this design wall.