56 done! Just a bit more to do and then I'm ready for Fall retreat. I know what I'm working on there...continuing this project.
Do you want to know how to do this? Easy.
- First I guessed that they would be about 3" x 5" and so I'd need about 1 yard of fabric. I got 2 half yards.
- The beige is a pair of linen/silk pants I found at the thrift store for $1. It has a bit more texture than muslin would have had.
- I thought I'd be able to get away without sewing around the beige if I wonder-undered that. I ironed the layers; wonder under and pant leg. Tore off the paper back then cut the rectangle for the names out.
- Ironed them onto the green and orange fabric, leaving 1 1/2 inches between each.
- Sandwiched them onto some scrap muslin with batting in between and quilted the pumpkins across them.
- I decided that I didn't like the way they looked so I topstitched/quilted around each beige piece and like it much better.
- Cut them apart, 1/2" all around, using my pinking rotary cutter.
- Lastly I hot glued the pin back on. My husband sat down and helped me with that.
- Plopped them in a basket and tied a bow....Do I need a sign that tells them to make themselves a name tag? I guess I 'd better remember some pens.