Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Liz's quilt

I expect Liz to do a happy dance. I actually got her wedding quilt cut out last night; all except the border. (The instructions say to set it aside until the center is done.) This is a big pile of cut fabric and it represents about 7 hours of work! Since the long arm and sewing machine is upstairs during homework time I need a project for downstairs..... cutting this out was last night's. (If you missed it, this is what I'm working on.)
Here I have 4 of the 'blocks' sewn. I changed the places of the diamonds since I didn't care for the first one. Can you guess which is the color plan I'm going to be sewing a gazillion times?
Unfortunately the pattern seems to be very unforgiving; I got 1/4 yard extra of each fabric; I have 1/4 yard left of the red, none of the blue and green and about 5 inches of the white. The pale background still should have 5 yards, set aside for the border. So the block I don't like will have to be picked out....yuk, picking out paper piecing is hard.

I'm doing pretty good on the list I posted yesterday! 5 of the 11 things DONE!

1 comment:

Liz Johnston said...

love it. Can't wait to see the rest. Good luck. Really stressed right now.. yeah for crankiness all the way around you know except for good little Landon.