Monday, August 23, 2010

Sigh! the first day of school!

I've always wanted summer to last a bit longer; not the heat but having my children home. I've noticed a bit of boredom set in though since I wasn't willing to have them on the computer 24/7; it's time to have someone else tell them what to do. 5 A.M. is surely earlier this year than last. Seminary (High Schoolers early morning religion class) starts at 5:45 instead of 6.

I made up this batch of waffles last night; so easy.
AMAZING OVERNIGHT WAFFLES
from the Best American Recipes 2003-2004
the night before mix together :
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
cover tightly and set on counter overnight..unless your kitchen is warmer than 70 degrees (do kitchens come cooler than 70 degrees?)then set it in the refrigerator.
Next morning while your waffle iron is heating add;
1 large egg slightly beaten
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled a bit
Spray iron with;
nonstick spray
Cook according to your iron directions, serve and eat.

Here are the pictures of my boys leaving for their first day of school.

Jeffrey-15

Andrew 13

No comments: