Thursday, February 11, 2010

A new recipe


Last week I posted those delicious cookies but after experimenting and deciding that the apricot filling was the best I made a double batch of the filling and then had left overs! What's a woman to do? So Andrew and I mixed up some sweet bread and after it had risen I rolled it out. Put in some cream cheese filling then a ribbon of the apricot filling down the center third. I had visions of laying a fancy lattice on top, like this one; but I just flopped the bread over the filling twice, let it raise and baked it. So good, even if it wouldn't win any beauty contests.
Cream cheese filling;
  • 8 ounces of cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
Beat cream cheese until smooth; add sugar and egg.
Use any sweet bread recipe.
Go back to my cookie post for the apricot filling.
I love cream cheese filling.

1 comment:

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

Love all your recipee ideas. Thanks for sharing. Love the homemade chocolate candy heart idea. I loved the post on Brian and the picture. Can't believe its been 11 years. Seems like just the other day. He was such a special young man who we'll never forget.